Chickpea and Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower, cleaned and cut into medium florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ inch of fresh ginger, skin removed and finely grated
- 2 c. Marinara Sauce
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- ¾ c. coconut milk
- ¾ tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp. coriander, ground
- ¼ tsp. turmeric, ground
- ½ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp. salt
- Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- Cooked white rice or naan bread, optional for serving
- To prepare the sauce, in a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower, onion, bell pepper and finely grated ginger to sauté pan. Cook until fragrant and the onions start to become translucent, around 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Once the onions start to become translucent, add garam masala, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and salt to the vegetables. Toss to combine.
- Add Victoria ® Marinara Sauce, chickpeas, and coconut milk. Cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until sauce reduces and thickens in consistency.
- Plate and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro. The dish can be served with cooked white rice or naan bread.