Creamy Tomato Macaroni-and-Cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) pkg. elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 ½ c. milk
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Marinara Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook macaroni according to packaging directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook shallots until translucent. Add flour and herbs to the shallot mixture and mix thoroughly. Whisk in milk, and stir until the flour, shallot, and milk have thickened, about 5 minutes, being careful not to burn. Gradually add 1/2 cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese to the mixture until it has all melted.
- Add Victoria ® Marinara Sauce and combine.
- Add the pasta to the cheese mixture and pour into a large glass 13x9” baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake until sides are bubbling, approximately 30 minutes. Serve warm.