Hearty Tomato, Potato and Sausage Stew
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dry oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. dry basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 red potatoes, diced into bite-size cubes
- 2 c. Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 tbsp. grape seed oil
- ½ lb. fully-cooked sausage (kielbasa or other smoked sausage), sliced into ½” slices
- 2 c. fresh spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In large Dutch oven over medium heat, mix the vegetable stock, diced tomatoes (with the juice from the can), oregano, basil, bay leaf, Victoria ® Tomato Basil Sauce, cube potatoes, salt and pepper. Stir and cover, then, stirring frequently, cook for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Slice sausage in 1/2”-thick slices and add to the skillet. Brown sausage on all sides.
- Add the cooked sausage and the spinach to the stew. Allow spinach to wilt. Remove the bay leaf from the stew prior to serving. Ladle stew into serving bowls and serve hot.