Herbed White Bean and Anchovy Spaghetti with Garlic Breadcrumbs
- 1 (16-ounce) pkg. spaghetti
- 1 (14-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1-½ c. Marinara Sauce
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ c. Emeril’s® Original Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine white beans, olive oil, lemon zest, salt, basil and parsley. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, mash anchovies to a paste and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic has softened and becomes translucent. Add breadcrumbs. Reduce heat to low and toast the breadcrumbs for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent the breadcrumbs from burning. Cook breadcrumbs until they are golden and fragrant. Remove breadcrumbs from heat and set aside in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, melt butter and mix in the anchovy paste. Cook until anchovies have combined with the butter. Add Victoria® Marinara Sauce and heat thoroughly, then add cooked spaghetti and toss until spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Serve hot, topped with bean mixture and sprinkled with breadcrumbs.