Pappardelle Vegetarian Bolognese
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 2 tsp. Spice Islands Rosemary
- 1 tsp. Spice Islands Tarragon
- 1 tsp. Spice Islands Thyme
- ½ c. dry red wine
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) pkg. dried pappardelle pasta
- 2 c. Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pappardelle as directed on package.
- In a large skillet place oil, carrots, celery, bell peppers and shallots and sauté on medium high heat until tender, approximately 10 minutes. Add shiitake mushrooms and cook until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Add red wine, rosemary, tarragon and thyme, and reduce for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add one jar of Victoria® Tomato Basil Sauce and stir until heated through. Add Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce pan and toss to combine. Serve hot, sprinkled with more cheese, if desired.