Quick, One-Dish Paella
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 c. Arborio rice (risotto/short-grain rice)
- ¾ c. dry white wine
- 1 c. Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 c. vegetable stock
- ¾ c. Green Giant peas
- ¾ lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, defrosted if frozen. (To save time, purchase frozen shrimp that are already peeled and deveined.)
- 24 mussels, cleaned
- ¼ c. parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add red bell pepper and cook another 2 minutes. Add rice and sauté until it begins to turn golden.
- Add wine and stir until wine evaporates. Lower the heat and add Victoria® Tomato Basil Sauce, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour vegetable stock into the same pan as the rice and vegetables and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover with lid and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Uncover and add seafood and peas. Give it a light stir. Cover again and cook an additional 15 minutes, or until seafood is cooked thoroughly.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges. Serve hot.
Add your seafood of choice!